Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday 1 November 2014

Day of The Dead

Every year the exercise in creating our Halloween look gets harder. How to do a whole ensemble look, where everyone agrees? Last year's Ghostbusters was hard to beat. So I decided to rely on my fashion expertise and style our family to the hilt Mexican style. I used clothes we already had. Adding white gaffer tape to create Tom's striped suit so it would coordinate with Phin and Mini's dress and suit combo which i had bought last year from H&M. My dress was a vintage black lace Spanish style affair gleaned from the wardrobe of my aunt Jutta, whilst Ottilie's burgundy tulle confection by Angel's Face was a Mini hand-me-down. But it was with the accessories that I really went to town.


Mini already had this pink rose crown in her wardrobe but i added feathers butterflies and birds with a glue gun as well as a black tulle veil from Claire's Accessories

Ottilie's cream flower and tulle crown was from Bonpoint while Phin's top hat came from our local party shop and I then stuck different sized spiders all over it, whilst Tom's was decorated in skulls.
The Grim Reaper
Our little skeleton baby kept on putting her crown on upside down, I guess she preferred it that way!



Lisa from the fantastic kids party company Jem's Fairies did our face painting and Mini and I plumped for pink crystals adorning our eyes.

I bought a couple of hair bands as well as the skull choker from Claire's Accessories and then added some blood dipped roses, a spider, butterfly and a few lady birds to finish off the look.

Our friends never fail to impress either. Here the Preston's have morphed into zombie Simpsons complete with bulging eyeballs. And the Steed's were transported to Hogwarts with Argus Filch, Professor Trelawney, Mad Eye Moodie and a pint sized Voldemort, although to be fair he was mostly mistaken for Malfoy. None the less we were all the toast of the street.


No comments:

Post a Comment