Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday 15 April 2013

Ballet Buddies

Mini had her first ballet lesson today and i don't know who was more excited! Mini or me? Its a seminal moment in every mother's life when she prepares her little princess for her very first ballet class. Mini and I had to prepare... For background reading, Angelina Ballerina was bought, and then we went shopping. So first stop was getting kitted out and where better than the very same shop where i went to get my first pair of ballet shoes - Gandolfi's on Marylebone road. Nothing has changed, its still full to the brim with every coloured tutu and tiara. I was in heaven. And Mini relished the chance to buy lots of pink.


Luckily Mini had her best friend India aka Indie Pops on hand to guide her through her first class. Indie is a dab hand at doing tipie toes and holding out her skirt and she showed Mini exactly how to do the required parallel and first position steps
look at that tush
My ballet teacher may have likened me to an elephant but Mini was all grace and light movement. Here Mini is all kitted out in her perfect pale pink leotard, gauzy skirt, tights and ballet slippers.
well done you two!

2 comments:

  1. When my daughter started to do ballet lessons I decided to buy portable ballet barres for home, so that I could practise with her. It was very funny! I still remember some days that we were there practising for hours!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that idea of a portable ballet barre! what a sweet idea - and a great way to share a developing passion. thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete